NAME AND PURPOSE:
SECTION 1: Name
This TBF affiliated chapter club shall be called the Delta Bass Snipers of Oakley, California
SECTION 2: Purpose
To provide a structured setting where the bass fisherman, both beginner and expert alike can improve their skills as bass anglers through the exchange of bass angling techniques and ideas, to promote and encourage sportsmanship, in a competitive environment, and to promote and adhere to all State and DFG rules and regulations.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP:
SECTION 1: Number of Members
a. The club shall accept memberships until fifty (50) members are reached. Once fifty (50) members are admitted, a waiting list may be established to insure a full membership.
SECTION 2: Membership Requirements
To become a chapter club member, a person shall:
a. Be at least (18) eighteen years of age.
b. Voluntarily express a genuine interest in becoming a member and supporting the clubs purpose.
c. Become a member of The Bass Federation. Inc. (TBF, INC.) and its home state federation approved industry partners.
d. Attend two (2) monthly meetings prior to membership induction.
e. Must fish with at least one member.
f. Prospective member will then be voted on by the membership at the second meeting, vote shall be by secret ballot, a majority vote of the club membership present is needed to induct a prospective member.
g. Waive their right to bring suit against the club and/or its members.
SECTION 3: Membership Dues
a. An initiation fee of $20.00 is to be paid by all new members upon being accepted into the club.
b. The membership dues shall be $185.00 annually, initially payable upon being voted into the club, $120.00 of which shall be for club dues ($10.00 per month), $50.00 of which shall be for TBF National Federation dues, $10.00 of which shall be for State Federation Dues, and $5.00 of which shall be for the big fish payout for the year.
c. TBF/FLW part of the dues are to be due and payable by the closing of the November meeting, Regular club dues are to be paid by the 1st tournament, if not paid, member will not be allowed to participate in the draw for any tournaments until paid in full.
d. Members entering during subsequent months, after January, shall have their club dues only pro-rated until the end of the year. Dues for existing members shall not be prorated.
SECTION 4: Membership Meetings
Regular club meetings will be held the second Thursday of each month, starting a 7:00 PM.
ARTICLE III: Officers, Elections, Vacancies, and Eligibility for Office:
SECTION 1: Eligibility for Holding Office
To be eligible for an office a member must:
a. Have been a member for six (6) months.
b. Have attended at least 75% of the chapter meetings and club functions during a 6-month period.
SECTION 2: Elections
The election of officers shall be held bi-annually at a regular meeting during the month of November.
Election shall be a simple vote by secret ballot of the majority of members present.
Election of each officer shall be held separately in the order listed in Article III.
SECTION 3: Eligibility of Vote
Each member of the club in good standing is entitled to one vote. Proxy votes are not permitted.
SECTION 4: Term of Office
The term of office shall be for two (2) years. A new term of office shall begin at the close of business at the December club meeting and end on the last meeting day of December two (2) years later or until the successor assumes office.
Terms of office are to be staggered as follows;
a. President, Secretary, and Treasurer shall be odd years.
b. Vice President and Tournament Director shall be even years.
SECTION 5: Vacancies
In the event of an office becoming vacant, nominations shall be asked for and an election held at the next regular meeting to fill the unexpired term of the individual vacating the office. The state TBF, Inc. affiliated Federation shall be notified immediately of the change of any officers.
SECTION 6: Officers and their duties
The officers of the club shall consist of:
• The President shall be the presiding officer at all club meetings, tournaments, outings and other general assemblage of the club.
• The President shall have check signing authority and overall responsibility for the finances of the club.
• The President shall have committee member selection authority and any other power as expressed in these bylaws.
• The Vice President shall perform the duties of the President in their absence.
• The Vice President shall be a member of the Tournament Committee and shall assist the Tournament Director wherever possible.
• The Vice President shall be the club officer in charge of the Outing Committee.
• The Vice President will organize club picnic on “date” (August) & awards dinner on “date” (January).
• The Vice President will oversee the clubs website.
• The Secretary shall maintain accurate minutes of all regular and special meetings.
• The Secretary shall be responsible for notifying all members of future meetings and fishing events.
• The Secretary shall have check signing authority.
• The Secretary shall also be responsible for public relations activities and will be the liaison between the club and TBF/FLW.
• The secretary will email out a copy of the club minutes of all meetings to the clubs members.
• The Treasurer shall collect all yearly and monthly dues owed by the membership of the club. A record of those transactions shall be maintained by the Treasurer.
• The Treasurer shall maintain accurate financial records and present a current balance report at each regular club meeting.
• The Treasurer shall collect and disburse all monies.
• The Treasurer shall have check signing authority.
• The Tournament Director shall be the head of the Tournament Committee.
• The Tournament Director shall be responsible for obtaining any required tournament permits from regulating authorities.
• The tournament director will oversee all tournament activities including the partner draw, pre-tournament briefing, blast-off, weigh-in and the recording of weights and points.
• The Tournament Director shall maintain accurate records of each club tournament and provide such records to the Webmaster within two (2) days of the completion of the latest tournament.
• The Tournament Director shall be in charge of the safe keeping of the club’s scales and providing trophies at each tournament.
• The Tournament Director shall make the trophy presentation to the top fisherman of each tournament.
ARTICLE IV: Board of Directors
(a) Executive Board of Directors:
The Board of Directors will consist of five (5) members: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasure, and Tournament Director.
a. The President will call all meetings of the Board of Directors and preside over such meetings.
b. The Secretary will record the minutes of these meetings.
c. The board will decide all protests and rule on all violations of the tournament rules and bylaws of the club when appropriately received.
d. The board will develop agendas for the monthly meetings.
(b) Tournament Committee The Tournament Committee shall consist of three (3) members.
The Tournament Director, Vice President, and general member selected by the President.
The term of office for the Tournament Committee shall run concurrent with the term of office held by the committee officers.
The Tournament Committee shall be responsible for the following:
a. Tournament locations and dates (ten (10) per year)
b. Launch locations.
c. Establishment of start and finish times.
d. Checking each boat for floatation vest, live wells and other mandatory equipment prior to the tournament start.
e. Formal fish weigh-in and selection of winners.
f. Record the fish caught by each contestant, live fish ratio, big fish, and species per DFG permit requirements.
g. Presentation of awards at each tournament.
h. Investigate all protests concerning tournaments and report them to the Executive Board of Directors.
ARTICLE V: Webmaster:
• The position of webmaster can be held by any current member, or concurrently with any other office.
• The webmaster shall maintain the clubs website making timely and regular updates including tournament results, point’s standings, photographs, announcements, newsletters, and links of interest to the membership.
ARTICLE VI: Tournament Rules:
Official Tournament Rules can be found in a separate document titled “Tournament Rules”.
ARTICLE VII: Disciplinary Actions:
Section 1: Termination of Membership A member shall be dropped from the membership roll for the following reasons:
a. Failure to pay dues.
b. Any action which would reflect dishonor and disgrace on the club and/or FLW or TBF.
c. Failure to attend 50% of the club meetings and 50% of the club functions.
d. This club reserves the right to remove from membership any member without due cause or reason by a 2/3 majority vote of the membership attending at the time.
Section 2: Actions other than termination of membership
(a) These actions shall be recommended by the Executive Board of Directors and shall include but not be limited to reduction of membership status in lieu of removal, or any other action felt necessary by the Board. Any action recommended by the Board and not specifically spelled out in this document shall require a 2/3 vote of the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE VIII: Affiliation:
Section 1: Requirements for affiliation
a. Certification of Club Bylaws by TBF, Inc.
b. Update TBF, Inc. with club membership roster once each year before year’s end.
c. Names and addresses of new members joining the club during the year must be submitted to the state TBF, Inc. Federation as they occur. (See ARTICLE II, Section 3: for dues requirements).
d. Maintain 100% TBF, Inc. membership.
e. Maintain 100% FLW affiliation.
ARTICLE IX: Method of Amending the Bylaws:
SECTION 1: Amending the Bylaws:
a. The clubs bylaws may be amended at the January, April, July, or October meetings by a two-thirds (2/3rds) vote of the members present, provided written notice of the proposed amendment has been presented to the membership at least one regular meeting prior to the vote.